In this documentary, teenagers and adults share personal stories of gender discrimination and how it has affected their mental health. The film focuses on the queer community: activists working to end discrimination based on gender identity and gender expression discuss their methods for changing minds, behaviors and social structures. This film also looks at how social media plays a part in spreading stereotypes about gender roles, as well as how it can be used as a tool for social change.
What's Gender Got to Do With It?
Run time: 23:02
- Emoti-Con NYC, 2021
- Shenandoah Youth Film Festival, Strasburg, VA, 2021
- Newark IFF Youth, Newark NJ, September 2021
- ChangeFest Film Festival, Chicago, September - November 2021
- All American HS Film Festival, NYC, October 2021
- BHERC Youth Diversity Film Festival, Los Angeles, January 2022