Millie Reyes leads her family and neighbors to confront their landlord with a petition against numerous housing violations and unhealthy living conditions. This video speaks to the poverty and urban neglect of inner city neighborhoods across the country, portraying how the same problems exist today that these youth producers were fronting in 1986.
2371 Second Avenue: An East Harlem Story
Run Time: 14:03
- JVC Tokyo Video Festival, Presidents Award, 1987
- National Educational Film and Video Festival, Bronze Apple, 1987
- U.S. Student Film & Video Festival, Outstanding Achievement, 1987
- Hometown USA Video Festival, Winner of Student Category, 1987
- London International Amateur Film & Video, Gold Seal Award, 1988