A year in the life of two seventh graders reveals the stark contrast in resources and opportunities offered by each of their schools. While the schools are located in the same Bronx school district only a few miles apart, they represent two distinct neighborhoods that are socially and economically worlds apart. Unequal Education bears witness to the colossal failure of the local school system — a tragedy of national proportion.
Unequal Education: Failing Our Children
Run Time: 22:26
- Finalist, International Monitor Awards, 1993
- National Educational Film and Video Festival, Bronze Apple, Best College Documentaries: Society’s Concerns, 1993
- Worldfest Houston International Film and Video Festival, Silver Award, 1993
- 13th Annual Council on Foundations Film and Video Festival, 1993
- CINDY Competition, Silver CINDY Award, 1994